About the School
Mt. Pleasant Christian School is a Preschool (2 years) to 8th grade private Christian school located in Chesapeake, VA in the Hampton Roads area.
Our goal is to create an environment that will nurture the students' spiritual, academic, and social growth. This includes daily worship experiences and instruction in Bible. Our curriculum uses standard textbooks taught in the light of Biblical truth. Our teachers are academically qualified and, even more importantly, dedicated to Christian service.
Mt. Pleasant Christian School admits qualified students of any age, race, color, national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to the students at the school. MPCS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in the administration of school policies or programs.
Our pre-school and before and after school programs are religiously exempt from licensure because of its association with Mt. Pleasant Mennonite Church.
CODE COMPLIANCE STATEMENTS
To be in compliance with Virginia State Law, Section 63.1-196.3 of the Code of Virginia, the following statements need to be made public
1. Mt. Pleasant Christian Preschool and Day Care is exempt from licensure as a religious program; however, we are regulated by Social Services.
2. Our program is located at 1613 Mt. Pleasant Rd. We use the north end of the building for pre-school and the activity room and classrooms for day care.
3. All staff meets Mt. Pleasant Christian Preschool qualifications. These include the love of children, successful work experience with young children, academic training or experience working in Early Childhood Education, and a positive attitude toward children.
4. Mt. Pleasant Christian aftercare provides snack. We do not require kitchen use.
5. The staff is certified annually, by a physician, to be free from any disability that would prevent them from caring for children and also apparently free from any communicable disease
6. Mt. Pleasant Christian School is covered by liability insurance and accident injury insurance.
7. Hand washing is required by staff upon arrival and before handling food at snack time.
8. Children are screened upon arrival to ensure good health. This is done to prevent sick children from attending as well as establishing a baseline for health changes.
9. Mt. Pleasant Christian teachers and staff are trained to recognize signs of child abuse and neglect.
10. Mt. Pleasant Christian School staff is checked for criminal history and child abuse.
11. Mt. Pleasant Christian School's enrollment capacity is 230.